My Life Lately...

Yesterday was pretty eventful. I woke up at six in the morning, met my friend Laura at eight and then drove over to an eleven-bedroom Spanish-style mansion for a photoshoot. The first look was natural and for a new line of synthetic makeup brushes, while the other two were so "out there" I have no intention of posting the finished results to my Facebook Timeline. One of the more memorable aspects of the shoot was that Kim Vo from Bravo's show Shear Genius styled my hair for the two "out there" looks. I've never actually seen his show, but I was very impressed by how thoughtful and sweet he was. It's refreshing to meet someone that's experienced some degree of fame but hasn't let it go to their head.

Kim Vo

At the end of the shoot, someone that I have been interested in also called me for the first time. It is two hours ahead where he lives, so we were only able to speak for around forty minutes or so. I think the conversation went pretty well and he texted me afterwards to tell me he enjoyed talking to me. Still, I plan on taking this very, very slow. I've learned that nine times out of ten, people turn out to be completely different than the way they appeared after first meeting them. Anyone can put up a façade, and good-looking men seem to be especially adept at pretending they have substance. This time, I'm not giving a man my trust from the get-go; I'm making him earn it.

As for other areas of my life, I'm technically on a "leave of absence" from medical school, but will more than likely not be returning in the fall because I dislike it so much (and it's still, believe it or not, very hard for me to admit this). I'm living in a condominium by myself with my three-year-old, four-pound Maltese, Apple. A friend ended up acquiring five dogs due to a failed relationship and moving back in with her parents, so Apple needed a home. I'll post pictures of him one of these days. He's adorable and definitely one of the biggest joys of my life right now. As for work, I'm meeting with two brothers that, between them, are producers, vocal and piano coaches once a week to finally finish, record and produce the songs I've written. I have no idea where any of this will go (if anywhere), but I figure this is the time to at least try it out. By far the scariest thing I've ever done, so I'm just doing my best to take it day by day...

In less serious news, Hunger Games comes out on March 23rd! Who else is excited? I'm thinking of re-reading the first book before I see it. Also, can I just say, wow, these images of Peeta are perfect?!

I was unsure at first about his casting, but he's totally giving off a Peeta vibe here. ;)

Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm off to go and run a few errands... :)

1 comment on "My Life Lately..."

Anonymous wrote: February 29, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I'm so happy things are going well for you! I love seeing all your photo-shoot pics on Facebook - sooooo pretty <3


Post a Comment