Two Changes

I think it's time to make two major, but extremely necessary changes in my life. One, I need to stop allowing others (mainly men) to walk all over me. I deserve respect, and if someone is disrespecting me, that person does not deserve my time or my energy. I can still behave pleasantly towards them, but I don't need to try so hard to make them happy that it ends up hurting me emotionally in the process.

Specifically, when it comes to men that I am considering as potential significant others, I will make the conscious choice to move on from anyone that is not, above all, a deeply goodhearted and sincere person. A man that lacks these two essential qualities, no matter how intelligent, good-looking or successful, is simply not worth it. I must acknowledge the fact that it is not in my best interests to be in a serious relationship with someone that is not, at the very least, goodhearted and sincere. (I, of course, know this intellectually, but I have a history of ignoring it in practice.)

Two, I need to take better care of my health. I've said it many, many times before, but I need to stop drinking Diet Coke and drink more water, eat less fast food and cook more, and exercise regularly.

Basically, I need to think of and take care of myself more. One way to do this is to repeatedly ask myself, "Is this in my best interests? If not, what is?"

0 comments on "Two Changes"

Post a Comment