Hobby Lobby Haul

I decided to stop by one of my favorite stores for interior decorating today, Hobby Lobby. I went in only intending to purchase a black crown wall art piece I'd had my eye on for a while, but somehow ended up with a few more items in my shopping basket. It's funny how that happens. ;)

Here is a photo of the piece that drew me into the store:


I plan on hanging it above my damask memo board when I move to my new apartment.

And my other purchases:



I must be on a crown kick, huh? ;) This was just too cute to pass up though. The black strip of fabric behind the frames is made out of crushed velvet. :) I plan on inserting black-and-white photos of my animals (i.e., of Edmund, Julian and Hamlet) into the frames.

Not crown-related, but I ran across this crystal lotus flower candleholder and thought it was so, so lovely:



*sigh* It looks even better on my black bookshelf. :)

On the way home, I stopped by Walgreen's for a new mascara:



Has anyone tried this one? I think the silver wings on the tube are adorable. :)

Also, here are a few fairly recent purchases I've made for my bedroom if any of you are interested:



I used to have a black chandelier wall decal above my bed, but I liked this ornate black mirror better for the space. (The mirror, in case you are wondering, is from Home Goods.) I do plan on purchasing another chandelier wall decal, however, and putting it on a different wall in my new apartment. It was super cute, just too small for the area above my bed. :)



I found this at Bed, Bath & Beyond for a really good price. Sure, the whole "Keep calm and carry on" message may be a tad overdone, but I, personally, still love it and think it looks really good in my room. :)



I moved this frame to another wall (above my bookshelf) and added the letters from Hobby Lobby. (I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep those silver pieces of paper in there or replace them with more black-and-white photos...)



These pieces are also from Hobby Lobby. They're on the wall the picture frame with the letters was initially on.

So, what do you think of the newest additions to my room? ;)

4 comments on "Hobby Lobby Haul"

Selenia wrote: July 26, 2011 at 10:37 AM

These pieces are so beautiful! I really love items with crowns, I recently bought a messenger bag with two small crowns. And I love the "Keep Calm and Carry On" picture! I found one at Ross just like it but it is aqua-ish. You have such lovely decorating talent! :)


imuin wrote: September 29, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Needs more pink P;
hee hee no, its lovely~ I love the whole theme you've got going on


Unknown wrote: May 29, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Love all the black and white. I am doing my living room and kitchen like this. I looked at these pictures forever ago at Hobby Lobby and never bought them and have regretted it since. Would you ever be interested in selling? You can reach me at jdethi35@gmail.com


Unknown wrote: May 29, 2013 at 2:44 PM

If you do not want to sell your pictures would you please look on them to see if there is anything on them to see who they are by so I could search online further. Thanks for all your help.


Post a Comment