New Health Resolutions

I've been feeling really down lately about my health (or should I say, lack thereof). I guess the junk food and Starbucks Venti Iced Caramel Macchiatos I've been consuming every day are finally starting to get to me. It's reached the point where I finally have to say, Enough is enough!

So, in an effort to hold myself more accountable, I thought it might be a good idea to post my new health resolutions here. Without further ado, they are:

1. No more Venti Iced Caramel Macchiatos. Um, duh. As I said before, I've been drinking one of these every single day for the past several months. That's a whopping 360 calories I've been ingesting every morning before I've even had anything to eat!

This morning, I opted instead for a tall black coffee with no cream or sugar, and guess what? It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it'd be. I even liked it better than the Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Lattes that so many people seem to swear by. (For some reason, those taste like plastic to me.)


2. Drink a large glass of H2O first thing every morning.
3. Follow a vitamin regimen. Right now, I'm taking an Omega-3 and a Women's One-A-Day multivitamin with food in the mornings and another Omega-3 at night. I take the Omega-3, by the way, because I don't eat fish. Both of my vitamin bottles are now out in the open on my bookshelf where I can see them (so I hopefully won't forget to take them!).

My multivitamin of choice :)

4. Drink one 11.5 fluid oz. can of Low Sodium V8 every day.


5. Less white bread and more whole grains! This one might just be the most difficult resolution to follow... I LUV MAH BREAD.


6. Go to bed by 11:00 PM every night. Because right now, I'm more vampire than human.


I think those are good for now. I don't want to overwhelm myself with too many resolutions... It's hard going from one of the spectrum to the other, y'know. ;) Eventually I'd like to also plan out and cook healthier meals and exercise consistently, but I'm afraid if I start trying to do all that right now, I won't make any healthy changes. Honestly, if I just cut out the Venti Caramel Macchiatos every morning, I'll probably drop a few pounds... Fingers crossed!

2 comments on "New Health Resolutions"

Selenia wrote: July 31, 2011 at 12:35 PM

I think these are awesome. I didn't know you don't eat fish, I don't really eat it either, I don't really like the taste for some reason.


Merbella wrote: July 31, 2011 at 2:28 PM

@Selenia: Thank you! <3 I've been drinking tall black coffees only the past few days, and I feel much less guilty. Eating only whole grains is proving to be much more difficult though... ;)


Post a Comment