The Swing of Things

It's definitely taking some time for me to ease into this med school thing. I've been out of school since the winter of 2008 and getting back into the swing of going to classes and studying during practically all other hours of the day has not been easy. I get distracted constantly, and I even find myself complaining about the necessity of certain classes ("Human Behavior," I'm looking at you). I begin to wonder if I'll ever get to the point where I get everything done right when I'm supposed to and still manage to sleep eight hours a night, eat healthy meals and exercise consistently. I swear, med school is like a juggling act - if you turn your attention away for one second, one ball falls and the rest fall with it. You can't let a single day go by without studying as much as you possibly can.


Right now, I'd say I'm particularly worried about my biochemistry and anatomy classes. Most of the other students have already taken biochemistry, but since I was an English major, I haven't. (Plus, I still have to memorize the structures of all those amino acids and sugars... *groans*) As for anatomy, I have no idea what the tests will be like (though I'm pretty certain they will be insane), and I have yet to get caught up in the reading. I know I'll feel much better about both of these classes once I've studied a little more for them. If I'm nervous about a class, it usually just means I haven't studied enough for it yet.

2 comments on "The Swing of Things"

Jenmarie wrote: August 31, 2011 at 5:16 PM

You can do it Tahnee! :D


Selenia wrote: September 3, 2011 at 9:37 PM

I agree, you can definitely do it! I am taking biochemistry and anatomy right now as well, and am also a little nervous because I have not read as much and need to memorize the amino acids as well, but I know that you can do it. You are such a smart person :). I too wish there was more time in the day. But I think that you are going to find your own rhythm and your own way of doing things that you will feel comfortable with :)


Post a Comment